The Kwara State Police Command has announced the restriction of vehicles from 6am to 6pm across the state during the Saturday polls.
The commissioner of police in the state, CP Kayode Egbetokun, stated this while briefing journalists on Friday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He said that movement of vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles is prohibited during the elections stressing that electorates are allow to walk peacefully to the venue of the polls and return back home.
The CP added that voters who may decide stay behind at the polling centres after casting their votes must obey the required distance as contained in the electoral acts as amended .
“No arms carriage, any one found with arms shall be treated as hoodlum. People planning to forment trouble or perpetrate violence shall be dealt with. We have made adequate provision of security of lives and property of Kwarans”, he said.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn