ELECTIONS POSTPONEMENT…… Situation report from Ilorin
There is absolute calmness in Ilorin the Kwara State capital as residents woke to the news of the postponement of the much awaited 2019 general elections.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the presidential and national assembly which was earlier scheduled to hold today ( February 16, 2019) has been postponed till Saturday February 23, 2019 while the governorship and state assemblies elections was shifted to March 9, 2019.
The entire streets of Ilorin remain quiet and calm, people are going about their activities peacefully while vehicular movement is low.
Our correspondent who moved round the Ilorin metropolis confirmed that some shops are opened and many others are under lock.
An Ilorin residents, Mr. Moshood Alaka, in a telephone conversation with ROYAL NEWS disclosed that there is absolute calm in like; Adewole, Adeta, Kuntu, Alore, Oloje, Abayawo, Oja-Oba among others.
However, the ever busy post office area is totally deserted and empty while commercial activities is still at stand still as at the time of filing this report.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle