Tsukwam made the call on Monday at the Sabon Wuse Unit Command of the Corp while flagging-off the Ember months campaign.
He said that more caution needed to be applied during these ember months to demystify the belief that the months are jinxed.
Tsukwam said that heavy traffic, impatience, lack of complying with rules and regulations were primary causes of traffic crashes.
He noted that a number of giant steps are being recorded by Nigeria in ensuring safer commuting in West Africa.
He said that Nigeria spearheaded the establishment of the West African Road safety Organisation in order to unify road safety practices in the region.
“This has encouraged many West African countries to emulate Nigeria by establishing their own road safety outfits.
“Countries like Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea Bissau are emulators of Nigeria’s FRSC,” Tsukwam said.
The Corp Commander, however, noted that these countries are recording better success at road crash reduction.
He attributed this success to these countries citizens that abide by laws and sense of respect for rules and regulations.
He urged Nigerians to obey traffic rules and regulations in their motherland like they do while in other countries.
Commenting on the bad condition of most roads in the country, he said the Corps was collaborating with the Federal Road Management Agency (FERMA) on it.
He also urged road transport union workers to avoid congestion on the roads by locating their parks in suitable places.
The commander said this would engender appropriate parking, picking and loading of passengers by drivers.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG