The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman of the Kwara state Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, on Friday turbaned Professor Jamiu Oyawoye as the Baba Adini of Kwara State.
The Emir in a statement signed by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, disclosed that the appointment was based on his selfless services to the nation over the years.
While performing the installation, Alhaji Sulu Gambari charged Oyawoye who is also the first Professor of Geology in Africa to see his new status as a challenge towards doing more for humanity in general and Kwarans in particular.
He also admonished the retired varsity don to work assiduously towards uniting the People of his immediate community as part of efforts towards promoting unity in diversity especially among religions adherents
In his response, Prof. Oyawoye thanked the monarch for finding him worthy of the appointment and promised to uphold the unique qualities in him even as he pledged to justify the confidence reposed in him.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory