The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman of the Kwara state Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, on Friday turbaned Professor Jamiu Oyawoye as the Baba Adini of Kwara State.
The Emir in a statement signed by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, disclosed that the appointment was based on his selfless services to the nation over the years.
While performing the installation, Alhaji Sulu Gambari charged Oyawoye who is also the first Professor of Geology in Africa to see his new status as a challenge towards doing more for humanity in general and Kwarans in particular.
He also admonished the retired varsity don to work assiduously towards uniting the People of his immediate community as part of efforts towards promoting unity in diversity especially among religions adherents
In his response, Prof. Oyawoye thanked the monarch for finding him worthy of the appointment and promised to uphold the unique qualities in him even as he pledged to justify the confidence reposed in him.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends