The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has disclosed that his support for the authority of the University of Ilorin will continue to take priority to further enhance nation-building and human development.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari stated this on Tuesday when the Duo of the outgoing and incoming Vice Chancellors of the University, Professors Abdulganiyu Ambali and Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, paid him a courtesy visit at ancient palace of Emir of Ilorin.
The Emir who commended Prof. Ambali for his laudable achievements in the last five years urged the newly appointed VC to imbibe the spirit of continuity in the administration of the institution.
He also advised the management of the University to strive towards ensuring that UNILORIN remain the best and most subscribed University in Nigeria stressing that, “You are our pride and I want you to keep the good work up. ”
ROYAL NEWS reports that Prof Ambali had earlier informed the monarch of the forthcoming 33rd convocation ceremony of the University and formally introduced the incoming VC who will take over mantle from him in few days time.
He also assured that the University will always consult the Emir at all times in ensuring more is achieved for the benefit of research promotion and human capital development.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign