BY ABDULLAHI AHMED
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman, Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has admonished Nigerians to always imbibe the spirit of togetherness in other to tackle the current economic woes.
The Emir in a statement signed on Thursday by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS calls for more advocacies on peaceful co-existence among the entire citizenry.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari who wished Nigerians a blissful 2017 Eid-el-Kabir Sallah celebrations urged them to eschew act of discipline, patriotism and honesty in dealing with one another.
He expressed concern over high rate of fetish and ritual acts as perpetrated by some unknown characters in the recent time stressing that attitudes are alien to the culture and traditions of the people of Ilorin Emirate.
The Emir however appealed worshippers to to be law abiding before, during and after Eid prayer at the Ilorin Central Yidi ground tomorrow even as he urged them to punctual.
Alhaji Sulu -Gambari further prayed for pilgrims who are currently performing this year’s hajj in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and wished them a successful completion of the spiritual exercise adding that they should also intensify efforts to pray for Nigeria’s peace and economic recovery.
He therefore advised Nigerians to always continue to be peaceful and loyal to the constituted authority promoting harmonious working and secured environment.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes