The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, on Friday sued for peace among Muslim faithful in order to maximize the numerous blessings that abounds in the glorious month of Ramadan.
Sulu-Gambari stated this while speaking with journalists at the Ilorin International airport shortly before his departure to Morocco.
Members on the entourage of the emir according to a statement signed by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, are; former Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeal, Justice Idris Haroon (rtd), Secretary to the Ilorin Emirate Council, Alhaji Ismaila Lawal, Principal Personal Assistant to the Emir , Alhaji Modibbo Sulu-Gambari as well as the Personal Assistant to the Emir, Alhaji Murtala Abdulraheem.
The emir’s visit to Morocco is on the invitation of King Mohammed VI to attend the annual Islamic conference organised for world leaders in a bid to further promote Islamic teachings and orientations.
He charged Muslims to observe Ramadan fasting diligently in line with the teachings of Allah and His noble Prophet stressing it is only in an atmosphere of peace, unity and harmony that Nigeria can remain great and safe for all to live.
The emir and his entourage departed Ilorin International airport for Morocco enroute Lagos at exactly 6am and he is expected to return Friday 25th May 2019.
Facebook Comments Box
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector