Emir of Ilorin eulogises Justice Ahmad Belgore, prays for comfort at retirement
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR has described the former Justice of Supreme Court of The Gambia, Justice Ahmad Olarewaju Belgore, as an astute and exceptional jurist who served the nation meritoriously without any blemish.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari stated this during a special prayer organised on Monday in honour of the jurist who is scheduled to officially retire tomorrow (Tuesday 18th April 2023) on his attainment of 70years as a Justice of Court of Appeal.
The Emir in a statement issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, however rejoiced with Justice A.O. Belgore on his 70th birthday celebration stressing that, You are indeed a pride to Ilorin Emirate and humanity in general.”
“Members of the Belgore family are known with hardwork, commitments, dedications and distinctions across all walks of life especially in the legal profession but Justice Ahmad Belgore’s meritorious service to the nation and humanity at large has further added to the longstanding honour to his family, Ilorin Emirate and Kwara State in general.”
Leading other clerics in the special prayer, the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Sheikh Dr Muhammad Bashir Imam-Soliu OON, prayed Allah to grant the retired jurist sound health and absolute comfort in the next phase of his life.
He stressed on the need for creatures to be thankful to Almighty Allah in all circumstances especially during landmark occasion like this, when a distinguished ambassador of Ilorin Emirate is retiring from active service to the nation.
Disgnitaries at the the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, (CJN) Justice Modibbo Alfa Belgore (rtd), Justice Mudashir Oniyangi, former Vice Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Professor Suleyman Olatunji Adeyemi, members of the Kwara State Judiciary, traditional chiefs, clerics in the Ilorin Emirate Council and beyond family, friends and well-wishers.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje