The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman, Kwara State Traditional Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, has commended members of the Ilorin Emirate Durbar committee for their efforts in sustaining the annual cultural celebrations in the emirate.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also approved the commencement of 2022 Durbar Festival preparation as part of the culture and tradition of the people of the emirate.
The emir stated this when members of the committee led by its chairman, Engr. Suleiman Yahaya Alapansapa paid him a courtesy call in his palace on Monday.
The emir was impressed with the workings of the committee since the membership was constituted and enjoined them not to derail in their main assignment of bringing the people of the emirate under one united umbrella.
He also reiterated his call for love and oneness among his citizens and used the occasion to praise a former Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Shehu Gafar for elevating most indigenes of the Ilorin Emirate while he was in service.
In his remarks, Alapansapa who is also the Danmasani of Ilorin, thanked the emir for the confidence he reposed on the committee and assured the Emir of sustaining the set objectives of the festival.
He therefore appealed to all sons and daughters of the emirate and friends of the community to contribute meaningfully and attend the event.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus