The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has approved the appointment of three new traditional chiefs in the Ilorin Emirate.
They are; Alhaji Abdulkareem Oladimeji Adebayo appointed as the new Magaji Ajomu in Ilorin South Local Government Area, Alhaji Nasir Sarkin as the Sarkin Hausawa Jebba in Moro Local Government Area and Mallam Abdulkadir Bawa as Magaji Tanke Bubu in Ilorin South Local Government Area of the State.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Emir’s spokesperson, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona on Sunday. He stressed that the Emir wished the newly appointed traditional chiefs to remain committed to the culture, norms and traditions of the Ilorin Emirate.
The statement however disclosed that date for the turbaning ceremony will be announced later.
“Appointment of the new chiefs takes effect from Thursday 24th December 2020”, the statement added.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection