The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba (Dr) Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has commiserated over the demise of the Onijagbo of Ijagbo, Oba Salaudeen Fagbemi Adeyeye who died on Monday.
Alhaji who condoled with the people of Ijagbo in Oyun local government area of the state described the late monarch as a devout Muslim whose reign facilitated tremendous growth and development into Ijagbo kingdom.
The Emir stated this in his condolence message issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona. He noted that the late monarch was favoured and blessed by Allah with old age which is one of the strong factor and indication of forgiveness of shortcomings by Allah (SWT).
He also confirmed that the late Onijagbo, His Royal Majesty, Oba Salaudeen Fagbemi, was blessed with notable children who are contributing greatly to the economic, social and political development of the nation in their respective chosen careers.
“We have indeed lost a great man of high value and it is certain that history will not forget Oba Fagbemi in a hurry for his long reign on the throne as well as his unprecedented contributions to the community and beyond”, Emir Sulu-Gambari added.
The Emir however commiserated with the immediate and extended family members of the deceased, indigenes of Ijagbo community, the Onijagbo-In-Council, people of Oyun local government area, government and people of Kwara State, urging them to take solace in the fact that the monarch lived a fulfilled life worthy of emulation with empirical references and evidences.
He therefore prayed Allah to forgive his shortcomings, accept his good deeds and admit him into al-janatul firdaos.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud