The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has expressed shock over the death of Sheikh Qudus Abdullahi Al-Korowy.
The monarch in his condolence message issued by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi foundation for peace and development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, described the cleric’s death as a colossal loss to humanity.
He noted that the late Islamic legendary will always be remembered for his wise counsels, commitments and sacrifices to the propagation of Arabic and Islamic education in the Ilorin emirate and beyond.
While commiserating with the immediate family of the deceased, the Emir confirmed that “Sheikh Korowy was a devout Muslim, community leaders, philanthropist and family man. The deceased was a strong pillar of this nation. His death is a great of loss to us all.”
He therefore prayed Allah to grant him Al-janatul firdaos and give the entire people of Ilorin emirate and nation at large the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG