Alhaji Sulu-Gambari in a statement released by his Personal Assistant, Alhaji Murtala Abdulraheem, said, “special prayer will be held in their honour on Thursday 23rd September 2021 at the palace square by 9am.”
He added that the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir Soliu OON will lead the prayer to be supported by other clerics from the Ilorin Emirate while the programme is to be coordinated by the Chairman of the National Hijrah Committee in Kwara State, Professor Badmas ‘Lanre Yusuf.
Also to be included is a special prayer for a revered scholar of Ilorin Emirate origin, Sheikh Yahaya Al-Fulani, for the honour bestowed on him in Cairo, Egypt, recently.
The statement however urged sons and daughters of Ilorin Emirate to attend the event in a bid to rejoice with the new professors for their excellent performance in their careers.
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others
- Senate confirms ex-I-G Arase as Chairman, Police Service Commission
- Bank customers decry scarcity of new Naira notes at ATMs, POS
- Senate suspends plenary till Feb. 28