The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, will on Friday 11th March 2022 turban Engr. Sulaiman Bolakale Kawu as the 2nd Dan Iya of Ilorin Emirate.
The turbaning ceremony will take place at the palace square of the Emir of Ilorin at 10am to be followed by Jumat service at the Ilorin central mosque.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Emir’s Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, stressing that the newly appointed Dan Iya succeeds late Alhaji Ibrahim Kawu Agaka who died few years ago.
The emir however urged sons and daughters of the Ilorin Emirate, islamic clerics, friends and well wishers to troop in for the occasion.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi