The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has mourned over the death of the former Ambassador of Nigeria to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Alhaji AbdulKadir Sambo Imam, who died today (Thursday).
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari give glory to Almighty Allah for the quality and impactful years spent on earth by the late envoy stressing that, “He was an exemplary and great mentor to many generations.”
The Emir stated this in a condolence message issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona. The monarch affirmed that late ‘Ambassador Okekere’ as popularly called was a gentle and committed diplomat who served Nigeria meritoriously until his retirement.
According to the statement: “Late Amb Imam was a proud indigene of Ilorin Emirate, Excellent Kwaran, amiable Nigerian and a global citizen with numerous track records of achievements to the nation and humanity in general.
“His Royal Highness, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, on behalf of the entire members of the Kwara State Traditional Rulers Council sent his heartfelt condolences to the families, both immediate and extended, left behind by late Ambassador AbdulKadir Imam.”
The Emir however urged them to find solace in the fact that the deceased lived a worthy, enviable and exemplary life even as he prayed Allah to forgive his shortcomings, accept his good deeds and admit him into al-janatul firdaos.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes