It was gathered that the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission have opened an investigation into the Emirate’s accounts over allegations of ‘questionable expenditures’.
According to the report, the amount of money in question runs into billions of naira which were spent over a very short period of time.
Is Emir of Kano Sanusi corrupt? The state government wants find out. NAIJ.com gathered that the Emirate Council’s secretary and treasurer have been summoned to explain how more than N4billion was spent.
A source at the anti-corruption agency disclosed that the duo have been told to provide the necessary official documents to justify the expenditure. The staff of the Emirate Council have been directed to be at the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission’s office on May 2, 2017.
It would be recalled that Emir Sanusi recently came under fire from Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara state for criticising his response to the outbreak of meningitis.
Yari, the chairman of the powerful Nigeria Governors Forum, accused him of hypocrisy after Sanusi lashed Governor Yari for attributing the recent outbreak of Meningitis in the northern part of country to the wrath of God over adultery and fornication.
Yari, in a statement signed on Saturday, April 15 by his Special Adviser on Communication, Ibrahim Dosara, slammed the Emir Sanusi for riding on Rolls Royce while his subjects are in face of palpable poverty.
Kano governor Ganduje (centre) is probing his ‘friend’ Emir Sanusi (right) over allegations of corruption in the case of questionable spending of N4bn.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal