His Royal Highness Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally accepted his appointment as the Chairman Kano State Traditional Council ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
In a letter dated 19th December 2019 and signed on behalf of Kano emirate council by the secretary, Alhaji Abba Yusuf, the acceptance of the position by the emir was categorically stated thus: “Kindly inform His Excellency that His Highness, Sarkin Kano, had not rejected his appointment as Chairman, Kano State Council of Chiefs. His Highness accepted the appointment.
In doing so, His Highness requested for further directives of His Excellency, the Governor. For clarity, these directives may include, appointment of other members of the Council, appointment of staff of the Council, provision of accommodation for the Secretariat and other logistics, to make the Council operational.”
The letter was addressed to the secretary to the state government who was asked to “graciously convey to His Excellency, the Governor, the renewed assurances of the highest esteem and regards of His Highness, Sarkin Kano.
This letter of acceptance was obviously a response to an early letter sent to the emir on December 9 giving him an ultimatum to either accept or reject his appointment as the first chairman of Kano state council of chiefs two days after he might have received the letter.
The December 9 letter was signed by the permanent secretary, special duties, Musa Yahaya Bichi on behalf of the secretary to the state government
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92