The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, on Monday urged Nigerians to sustain their religious obligations of living together in peace and harmony.
He stated this shortly after observing the two-rakat prayers marking the end of the 2022 Ramadan fasting at the Ilorin central eid praying ground.
The monarch also urged them to desist from any act that can cuase disunity, chaos, riot and other social unrest in the society.
He noted that the present security situation in the nation requires that all hand must be deck in orderbto ensure that peace and security which are the major ingredients for prosperity and rapid development are given way into the society.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari said: “We must all be security conscious by being vigilant. To those who are performing this year’s holy pilgrimage, we wish you Allah’s traveling mercies and happy return back home safely.
“We pray for those who are sick for Allah to heal them and also for the deads, may Allah grant them al-janatul firdaos.”
The Emir however rejoiced with Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State over the successful completion of the Ramadan fasting and prayed Allah to continue to guard him in the course of steering the affairs of the state.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78