Ahead of the anniversary of the October 20 2020 #EndSARS protest in Lagos where gunshots were fired at protesters at the Lekki tollgate, singer Falz has said Nigerian youths will not be silenced by anyone.
In a post shared on his Instagram page this evening, the singer reacted to the decision of the state Commissioner of Police barring interested persons from staging any EndSARS remembrance protest.
Falz in his post said innocent people were killed just because they were asking not to be killed or brutalized”. He said it has been over a year since the unfortunate incident and no one has been punished for the crime.
They killed innocent souls that were simply asking not to be killed or brutalized.
A year later, no one has been punished yet for those heinous crimes.
A supposed Police Commisioner “warned” against citizens exercising their fundamental human rights. Yes a Police Commisioner.
A couple of well meaning citizens decided to put together a summit to reflect on last year’s events & honour the lost souls. Event centre pulls out (“instructions from above”)
As I type this, there is already HEAVY police presence at the Lekki toll gate.
Best thing they could come up with is organizing “concerts” to try and distract us from remembering the real heroes in all of this. The people they murdered.
What we will never do, however, is be quiet.
We will NEVER EVER EVER EVER be silenced.
Not today, not on the 20th, not ever.”
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy