The Federation of Muslim Women of Nigeria (FOMWAN) has appealed to protesting youths against Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) to sheath their sword and give government opportunity to prevail over their requests.
The National Trustee of the association, Hajia Raliat Sanni, made the appeal on Saturday during a meeting with various youth leaders of the association in Ilorin.
She said “there is no justification for the unlawful activities displayed by the aggrieved protesters.
“Hoodlums have hijacked the protest and absolutely no justification for all the criminal activities to distort the good intention of the #EndSARS protest.
“Most of the shops looted by hoodlums are owned by the defenceless low class men and women who live from hand to mouth.
“The vehicles burnt belong to low class income groups who live in houses without fence or protection. The government vehicles and offices burnt were procured with tax payers money.
“The BRT buses that were set ablazed in Lagos were the ones conveying the low income groups to work.”
Sanni explained that the demands of the protesters were genuine and reasonable and they had made it known to government and government heard them loud and clear.
“But as mothers, we are concerned about the dimension that the protest is now taking, leading to loss of lives and destruction of property.”
She, therefore, appealed to youths to give government a chance, saying “we want you to convey this appeal to your colleagues — males and females, to your brothers and sisters out there to refrain from further participation.”
Hajia Halimat Yusuf, one of the leaders of the association and former Commissioner for Education in Kwara, advised Muslims to always fear Allah, and to be honest.
She appealed to government to ensure the employment of competent hands in the various government owned establishments across the country.
Yusuf enjoined FOMWAN youths to always seek for forgiveness from Allah.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption