The founder of Gbenga Power Foundation, Honorable Gbenga Oyekunle, has urged Nigerians to maintain peaceful protest and be wary of hoodlums capable of disrupting the genuine intention of the protesters.
This followed the agitation for scrapping of the Special Anti Ruberry Squad also known as SARS across the country,ROYAL NEWS reports.
Hon. Oyekunle Power in a statement issued on Wednesday noted that it is the right of Nigeria citizens to protest peacefully whenever they notice any abnormalities or infringement on their fundamental rights.
He added that they need to be law abiding and do away with any act capable of tarnishing their image in the name of protest.
While describing as worrisome a situation where some miscreants in most part of the country where the protest is taking place were seen hijacking the protest to perpetrate evil acts, Gbenga Power advised Youths not to take laws into thier hands but ensure that the rights of other citizens to pursue their livelihood are not infringed upon.
He said: “I urge the protesters to ensure that the legitimate rights of other citizens to pursue their livelihoods are not infringed upon in the process of exercising their own rights”
“I also urge the Federal government to do the needful by looking inward to the yearnings of the masses by taking decisive action that would restore confidence of the people in government”
“I want to also call on the security agencies in the country to prevent reoccurrence of hoodlum attacks on the protesters and other innocent people in the country.”
He however admonished the Nigerian Police to ensure that only those who are competent psychologically and physically are recruited into the force so that some few bad eggs would not continue to dent image of the Police.
“There are numerous instances where the Nigerian Police have successfully unravelled crimes and criminality in the nooks and crannies of the country which are indications that it is not all the Police that are bad”, he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate