Police officers attached to very important persons (VIP) have been told to withdraw their services with immediate effect.
The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, released the wireless signal with reference number, CB:4001/DOPS/SPU/FHQ/ABU/VOL./ORDER AND DIRECTIVES on Wednesday.
“Any commander who violates this order will bear the consequences”, he said.
This development comes after two weeks of protests by Nigerians demanding an end to police brutality in the country.
“In the directive issued to police zonal commands, only those attached to government houses, the senate president and the speaker of the house of representatives are exempted.”
“Inspector-general of police directs you to withdraw all protect personnel attached to all VIPs, except those attached to government houses, senate president, speaker, house of representatives with immediate effect,” the message read.
“Any commander who violates this order will bear the consequences. Any protect personnel found escorting or guarding any VIP with or without a firearm is deemed to be deployed by the commander and the commander will be sanctioned.”
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000