The Progressive Students Movement (PSM), a pan-African students group, has condemned, in strong terms, the continuous destruction of public and private businesses and property across the country.
The President of PSM, Mr Bestman Okereafor, said this in a statement made available to ROYAL NEWS in Enugu on Thursday.
According to Okereafor, this will affect Nigerian youths more as many who were previously employed have now been rendered jobless.
The PSM boss also urged all stakeholders in nation building to preach peace and not war at this time.
He, however, called on politicians and politically-exposed Nigerians to desist from inciting the youths to violence.
Okereafor said; “The attention of PSM has been drawn to the recent developments in Nigeria, with regards to the renewed #ENDSARS campaign.
“As progressives, we condemn, in totality, police brutality and all forms of extortion and oppression of students and youths in the country.
“PSM also condemns, in totality, the killing of peaceful protesters, mostly youths, at the Lekki toll-gate area of Lagos State by men of the Nigerian Army. We pray to almighty God to grant them eternal rest.
“PSM, as partners in progress for a better Nigeria, is calling on President Muhammadu Buhari as the Grand Commander of the Armed Forces to, as a matter of urgency, address the nation as his long silence is already doing more harm than good.’’
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption