The Commissioner for Lands in Enugu state, Victor Chukwuemeka Nnam, has resigned his position.
In a statement he released on his social media page, Nnam said he resigned after his subordinates were removed from office for ”simply doing their jobs diligently”.
His statement reads;
”May I use this medium to inform my family, friends, associates, well wishers and the the General Public, that I have resigned my appointment as the Commissioner for Lands Enugu State.
The reason for my resignation is as a result of the removal of the PROFESSIONAL HODs UNDER ME ON PUNITIVE GROUND FOR SIMPLY DOING THEIR JOBS DILIGENTLY. As a technocrat and a HUMAN with CONSCIENCE, I CANNOT CONTINUE TO SERVE THE GOVERNMENT WHILE THOSE INNOCENT PROFESSIONALS ARE PUNISHED FOR DOING THEIR WORK.
I may have disappointed so many of my friends and well wishers who may think that I ought to still hang around but, THIS IS THE BEST DECISION FOR ME AND MY CONSCIENCE.
I sincerely and specially thank everyone who stood by me since the 2yrs I spent with this government, I assure you all that WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED.
Thank you all for all your supports”
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries