Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho, has named Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Juan Mata and Ashley Young as players he hopes will stay at the club.
All four players are approaching the end of their respective contracts and will be free to leave if other clubs call in January.
Shaw has endured a turbulent time at Old Trafford but is enjoying a fine start to the new season.
Herrera has started just one game this season and a number of Spanish sides are said to be interested in signing him.
Former Chelsea ace, Mata is another player who has been forced to adopt a more limited role for Manchester United.
Mourinho is keen on him to stay, along with England international, Young.
“I hope they will stay,” Mourinho told press conference on Friday when asked about Shaw, Herrera, Mata and Young.
“We had a similar conversation last season about Marouane and I was always saying I hope he stays, I believe he stays.
“I say the same. I hope they stay. Of course, I am happy with the players. David [De Gea] is David, no need of more words.
“Luke’s evolution made us believe he goes in the right direction and of course I want to keep him.
“Juan and Ander, even if they are not playing or not playing a lot, not starting matches, by the personality point-of-view and character point-of-view, by what they represent in the modern society in football, they are almost unique pieces that I also don’t want to lose.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector