Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho, has named Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Juan Mata and Ashley Young as players he hopes will stay at the club.
All four players are approaching the end of their respective contracts and will be free to leave if other clubs call in January.
Shaw has endured a turbulent time at Old Trafford but is enjoying a fine start to the new season.
Herrera has started just one game this season and a number of Spanish sides are said to be interested in signing him.
Former Chelsea ace, Mata is another player who has been forced to adopt a more limited role for Manchester United.
Mourinho is keen on him to stay, along with England international, Young.
“I hope they will stay,” Mourinho told press conference on Friday when asked about Shaw, Herrera, Mata and Young.
“We had a similar conversation last season about Marouane and I was always saying I hope he stays, I believe he stays.
“I say the same. I hope they stay. Of course, I am happy with the players. David [De Gea] is David, no need of more words.
“Luke’s evolution made us believe he goes in the right direction and of course I want to keep him.
“Juan and Ander, even if they are not playing or not playing a lot, not starting matches, by the personality point-of-view and character point-of-view, by what they represent in the modern society in football, they are almost unique pieces that I also don’t want to lose.”
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets