Former Commissioner for New Cities Development in Cross River, Dr George Abang-Ekpungu, has escaped attacks by gunmen suspected to be hired killers on Sunday night.
Abang-Ekpungu, who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Calabar, said the incident took place in his country home in Kakwagom community in Boki local government area.
“My house was attacked last night. The thugs came in with guns, machetes and other dangerous weapons to my house to kill me.
“I don’t know where this is coming from. I thank God for the safety of my wife and children.
“I want to call on the state Commissioner of Police and other security agencies to move in immediately and investigate this matter because it has been reported,” he said.
He told NAN that he has not had any political rivalry with anyone or quarrel that should warrant such an attack in his home.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo, confirmed the attack to NAN.
“The matter has been reported to police station in Boki. It was a malicious damage. There was no injury or loss of lives,” she said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory