Thompson Usiyan, former Green Eagles of Nigeria player has died at the age of 65.
He died Tuesday, August 31, in his Lamest, Redonda Beach home, California, United States.
Usiyan, born in Effurun, Delta State, was thrust into the limelight with the then Mid-western State academicals before he got an invitation to the senior national team.
Until he left for further studies in America, Usiyan was the leading goal scorer for the Green Eagles.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92