Ahead of the general elections, the former chairman of Federal Character Commission, (FCC), Professor Shuaib AbdulRaheem, was on Monday adopted as the governorship candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in Kwara State.
The chairman of NNPP in the state, AbdulRazaq Abdulsalam announced this in Ilorin, the state capital, shortly after a meeting the stakeholders of the party had with AbdulRaheem.
“We have picked Prof Oba Shuaib AbdulRaheem as our governorship candidate. He’s now a full fledge member of NNPP,” the NNPP chairman declared.
Abdulsalam disclosed that AbdulRaheem will be attending the meeting of all the NNPP gubernatorial candidates in Abuja tomorrow (Tuesday).
Also speaking, the NNPP gubernatorial candidate, AbdulRaheem said he has fully joined the NNPP.
He expressed his preparedness to join hands with other eminent Nigerians and Kwarans to take the party to a greater height.
In his remarks, the Kwara North Senatorial candidate of the NNPP, Dr Kolo Jiya, said the party will form government in Kwara State come 2023.
He expressed confidence in the ability of AbdulRaheem to lead the party to victory in the elections and as well return Kwara to path of progress and greatness.
Kolo added that a more elaborate event would be held where the party’s gubernatorial candidate will be presented to the general public.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq