Pilgrims of the just concluded lesser Hajj (Umrah) in Saudi Arabia on the gesture of the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, have returned to Nigeria safely.
The Coordinator of the Committee, Justice Idris Abdullahi Haroon, stated this in a statement issued in Ilorin on Monday stressing that, “Haven completed the spiritual exercises of Umrah, I am glad to inform the public that all our pilgrims have returned home safely”.
Haroon who is also a retired Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeal, Ilorin however thanked the sponsor for providing the platform for the less privileges to take part in the spiritual obligations.
He however commended the pilgrims for living up to standard by displaying good conducts and discipline before, during and after the exercise even as he prayed Allah to accept all their deeds as an act of worship.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Senate President had during the inauguration of the 10-man committee explained the rationale behind his decision.
He said: “We have our Muslim and Christian brothers desirous of observing the pilgrimages, but could not afford the cost. We will help such people with a forum through which they can realise their dreams.
”We may not be able to do like the government which used to sponsor about 400 when I was governor of Kwara state, we will start with 100. The coming Umrah( lesser Hajj) shall be the starting point.”
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends