Pilgrims of the just concluded lesser Hajj (Umrah) in Saudi Arabia on the gesture of the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, have returned to Nigeria safely.
The Coordinator of the Committee, Justice Idris Abdullahi Haroon, stated this in a statement issued in Ilorin on Monday stressing that, “Haven completed the spiritual exercises of Umrah, I am glad to inform the public that all our pilgrims have returned home safely”.
Haroon who is also a retired Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Shariah Court of Appeal, Ilorin however thanked the sponsor for providing the platform for the less privileges to take part in the spiritual obligations.
He however commended the pilgrims for living up to standard by displaying good conducts and discipline before, during and after the exercise even as he prayed Allah to accept all their deeds as an act of worship.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Senate President had during the inauguration of the 10-man committee explained the rationale behind his decision.
He said: “We have our Muslim and Christian brothers desirous of observing the pilgrimages, but could not afford the cost. We will help such people with a forum through which they can realise their dreams.
”We may not be able to do like the government which used to sponsor about 400 when I was governor of Kwara state, we will start with 100. The coming Umrah( lesser Hajj) shall be the starting point.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory