By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
The immediate past Commissioner for Information in Kogi Mr Kingsley Fanwo has picked the All Progressives Congress (APC) Expression of Interest and Nomination forms to contest the House of Representatives ticket for Yagba West Federal Constituency.
Fanwo who had earlier resigned his appointment from Gov. Yahaya Bello’s government, said if given the opportunity to represent the constituency, he would do better as a lawmaker by improving the well-being of the people.
Speaking to newsmen after picking the forms on Friday in Abuja at the International Conference Centre, Fanwo lauded Gov. Bello for the opportunity to learn under him.
“I have learnt from the best in terms of politics, administration and humanitarian service.
“I have learnt from the best and the best is Alhaji Yahaya Bello, we are all proud of him and his giant strides looking at what he has done in Kogi, ” he said.
According to him, Bello inherited a balkanised state that was divided and disunited, and united it while ensuring its security.
He said the Kogi governor had been able to put his foot down to ensure that the state was the safest in the country today.
He also said that the governor had also ensured the prosperity of the people of the state by implementing programs that touched on their welfare.
“You will agree with me that he is the best thing to have happened to the people of Kogi.
“And that’s why we are not surprised that Nigerians are calling on him to be the country’s next president.
“When he becomes president, I am not saying if he becomes president, he will ensure security, he will ensure unity and he will enthrone prosperity in our nation”, Fanwo said.
He said he was contesting to represent the people of Yagba federal constituency to improve their well-being.
He noted that the people of the constituency were blessed with the best brains in Nigeria but lacked adequate representative in the Senate.
He said though the current representative of the contituncy in the Senate had done some good things, there was need to do more.
He added that he was joining the race to contest the seat in 2023 election because he could do it better, saying that he would ensure participatory representation.
You can not represent the people you don’t know, you can not represent the people you don’t even understand the challenges they are going through.
“You must know them, you must understand them before you can represent them and that is what we are bringing on board from 2023.” Fanwo stressed.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated