Former governorship aspirant in Kwara State, Alhaji Yekeen Alabi has been conferred with the honorary title of Asiwaju Ba’ameto of Ibadan land.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the ceremony which took place at the ancient Mapo Hall in Ibadan, attracted dignitaries from far and near with other traditional title holders inclusive.
In his remarks, the Olubadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, said the event was part of activities marking his first year anniversary on throne adding that the award was to appreciate the beneficiaries for their contributions to the development of Ibadan and Nigeria at large.
Responding to the chieftaincy title, the new Asiwaju Ba’ameto of Ibadanland, Alhaji Yekeen Alabi thanked the Olubadan and the Olubadan-in-Council for the honour done him and promised to continue to do everything within his capacity to contribute to the progress of Ibadan and the entire nation.
Further checks revealed that Alhaji Yekini Alabi had also served as a member of the Federal House of representatives, Abuja among others.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum