A former Minister of Works and the Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party National Caretaker Committee, Prince Adedayo Adeyeye, has raised the alarm over an alleged plot to burn down his radio station in Ado Ekiti.
The Voice FM 89.9, the first private radio station in Ekiti State, is located on NTA Road in Ado Ekiti.
Adeyeye raised the alarm in Ado Ekiti while receiving the Outstanding Leadership Award from the National Association of Nigerian Students.
He said, “We have been hearing and receiving anonymous calls that some hoodlums were plotting to carry out arson attack on this radio station. This is satanic because the station is non-partisan and that has been our policy.
“The station was built for Ekiti to serve as the voice of the people. The station has been saying the truth and some people don’t want the truth to be told.
“The General Manager and I had received information about this evil plot and we are planning to beef up security around the station. I have also instructed my GM to write the Department of State Services and the police about this,” he said.
He appealed to NANS to mobilize the students in Ekiti to support those with clear and impactful manifestos for the youth and support such candidates in 2018 to secure their future.
“I am beginning to fear that Ekiti youths are wasting away. The North is fast moving ahead of us even as a fountain of knowledge because our governments have abandoned the education sector.”
The NANS National President, Chinazo Obasi, said they decided to honour Adeyeye because of his love for students, particularly his support in the fight against sexual harassment, cyber crime and drug abuse on campuses.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate