The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu has approved the appointment of a veteran journalist, Mr Obini Onuchukwu as the Acting Registrar of Federal Polytechnic Oko, in Orumba North Council Area of Anambra.
Onuchukwu’s approval followed the recommendation of the Expanded Management Committee (EMC), the highest decision making body of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
The approval of his appointment was contained in a statement by the Acting Registrar on Thursday in Awka.
The statement noted that his recommendation was unanimously made by members of the EMC consisting of the five principal officers of the Polytechnic and the representative of the Minister of Education.
It further noted that representatives of Executive Secretary of the Polytechnic’s regulatory body and the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) were also among those who recommended his appointment during its regular meeting, recently.
Until his appointment, Onuchukwu served as the Public Relations Officer and Chief Protocol Officer of the Polytechnic for about 10 years.
He also served as a Deputy Registrar of the Institution for eight years.
The Acting Registrar started his career as a journalist with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
He also served as a two term chairman of Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) where he won several awards.
Onuchukwu holds two master degrees in Information Technology and Mass communication from Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) and Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) respectively.
He equally holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology from FUTO and Higher National Diploma in Mass communication from the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu.
He facilitated and participated in so many trainings of the Polytechnic with reputable Institutions of higher learning within and outside the shores of the country.
He also served in high profile committees and desks which include Communication Officer, World Bank Assisted Project, STEB-B as well as ABUJA Liaison Officer, Federal Polytechnic Oko.
Onuchukwu replaces the former Registrar of the Polytechnic, Mrs Stella Njaka, who successfully served out her five year single tenure.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)