The immediate past Governor of Niger State, Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu has urged his party members to resolve in putting its house in order before the 2019 elections if it must come out victorious.
Aliyu made the call on Sunday while hosting the Niger State Correspondents Chapel of NUJ for a Sallah launch in his residence at the state capital, Minna.
He stated that no political party will grow and sustains its victory if it allowed ambition, impunity, super imposition to strive hence to discourage those negative tendencies and old way of doing things in the part and surely will record success.
Former governor Aliyu added that he is hopeful that if the Peoples Democratic Party realized its past mistakes and amendment done before the next general elections PDP will bounce back to power.
Aliyu who declared has no regrets for his eight years leadership in the state noted that as government the paramount important thing is to give adequate priority to security of lives and properties as well as the welfare of the people which he did well.
The PDP stalwart urged his party to adopt amendments in its next National convention while stressing that political party remains the vehicle for elections which must be properly put in order for peaceful conduct.
He maintained that zonal arrangements by political parties w are always an in house arrangement to ensure fairness and justice not aimed at denial of the rights of members, which he described as an internal democracy.
He further applauded President Muhammadu Buhari and his administration who has realized the importance of strong opposition to check mate the ruling party in the country hence had prayed for his success and good health in piloting the affairs of Nigeria.
Aliyu however appreciated the party verdict at the Supreme Court judgement that gave victory to Senator Ahmed Makarfi adding that, that is entrenching democracy in the country and noted that social media has ease election records by recording every unit election results immediately curbing manipulations.
He told politicians in the country to be aware of their campaign promises to the electorates and fulfilled them accordingly because they would be accounted for it either in this world or before the Creator.
Aliyu while responding to journalists disclosed that he stays more outside Minna and Niger State to allow his successessor to stabilize and settle down for governance to avoid distraction and speculations that can bring disharmony between them.
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*