Ex-President Jonathan’s doctor in trouble, read what happens to him
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned Dr. Fortunate Fiberesima, the ex-Chief Physician to former President Goodluck Jonathan.
The EFCC said in a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, that Fiberesima, who is also a former Chief Executive Officer, State House Medical Centre, was arraigned for an alleged fraud to the tune of N258.9m.
The doctor was arraigned before Justice Peter Affen of the Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja on six counts bordering on money Laundering.
Fiberesima, was alleged to have abused his position as the chief physician to the President in 2012 in awarding contract to a company where he has interests.
According to the anti-graft agency, the defendant, who also parades himself as Fortunate David and David Thank God Fiberesima, was initially meant to be arraigned by the EFCC on March 7, when the trial judge observed that, “all charges are under the ICPC Act not that of the EFCC” and consequently ordered that the charge be either amended or transferred to the appropriate authority for prosecution.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill