Engr Dare Bankole, a former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for Ekiti/Irepodun/Isin/Oke-Ero Federal Constituency in the last general election has distributed food items and cash donations to the people of the constituency.
Bankole, said it was meant to cushion the effect of the stay-at-home directive over COVID-19 in kwara state
Some of the items distributed to the constituency includes: rice, garri semovita, hands sanitisers, undisclosed cash, among others.
Bankole, expressed optimism that the donations would make meaningful impact on the constituents, while urgeing them to strictly abide by the various measures put in place by the kwara state government to curb COVID-19 spread.
According to him, as the people comply with the stay-at-home directive and other measures to curtail the spread of the virus, it behoved on us to ameliorate and relief them of the difficulties involved.
He noted that the stay-at-home at home would definitely deprived the people of many things, more importantly its negative effect on their trading and business activities.
Bankole expressed the need to take care of the people especially at this critical period of the COVID-19 for them to live comfortably and also have a sense of belonging.
He maintained that whatever the efforts and assistance rendered would go a long way to impact positively on their welfare and well-being.
The former PDP candidate urged the people of the constituency to continue to cooperate with the government through strict adherence to social distancing, periodic hand washing and staying indoor to curb COVID-19 spread
He also used the opportunity to praised the commitment and dedication of various medical personnel in their efforts toward ensuring that the menace of COVID-19 was eradicated.
He enjoined the people to maintain adequate and proper hygienic condition at all times and praised nurses and doctors including other medical personnel for their sacrifices.
The traditional ruler of Aiyedun, Oba Olusegun Rotimi, described Bankole as a community developer, philanthropist who always believe in putting the people as his first priority.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children