By Ihegazie Chidinma, Abuja
The Chairman, House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Rt.Hon.(Dr.) Yusuf Buba Yakub, has conveyed his condolences to the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation,Mr Babachir David Lawal, on the passing of his sister,Mrs Victoria Habila Usman. Mrs Usman died in Jos,the Plateau State capital,a few days ago after a brief illness.
The lawmaker also expressed sympathies to the husband and immediate family of the deceased on the loss of the woman of their home; stressing that the death of a spouse or mother,no matter how old she is,is usually a pain that is too hard to bear.
He also prayed God to comfort the family,while assuring them that, alongside the people of his Constituency,he and his family were standing in prayers with them at this challenging time.
Buba,in a statement to the Media Unit of his office,Friday,in Abuja, described the passing of Mrs Victoria Habila Usman as a personal loss to him,his family and the people of Gombi/Hong Federal Constituency.
He said the late sister to the former SGF was such a dear sister and a hardworking personality who by dint of personal efforts and outstanding industry contributed immensely to the development of her local community and their people as a whole.
While thanking God for the life Mrs Usman lived and the many positive legacies she has left behind,Buba said her community and the entire Adamawa State would miss her motherly advice and presence at a time her advice would have made progressive impact on her community.
He enjoined the family of the deceased and the entire community to be consoled by what the deceased left behind and prayed the Almighty God to bless her beautiful soul with paradise.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates