Former governor of Taraba state Jolly Nyame, has been sentenced to 14 years in prison, ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
Nyame was charged on 41 counts of fraud but was found guilty on 27.
The federal capital territory high court gave him no option of fine.
The court blamed him for financial recklessness and brazen display of executive power without following due process.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had charged Nyame to court for allegedly diverting N1.64 billion while he served as governor of Taraba between 1999 and 2007
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends