The Main Entrance to the MOPOL Barrack
In line with the federal government’s agenda towards ensuring ‘change’ in all facets of the nation’s economy, there is urgent need to improve on the welfare of the personnel of the Nigeria Police Force, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
A visit by our correspondent to the No. 15 Squadron Mobile Police (MOPOL) Barrack on Sunday in Ilorin the Kwara State revealed that virtually all the structure therein have become dilapidated and not befitting to the force.
One of the MOPOL Quarters
It is no longer news that MOPOL as popularly called are the combatant wing of the Police Force usually saddle with the responsibilities of maintaining law and order in the society during protests, riots, unrest as well as peace keeping mission among others.
Being a ‘shadow of its own’ the quarters are terribly ‘crying’ for renovation as of the occupants of the facilities appealed to government and police authority come to their aide stressing that “During raining season, it is usually a sin to leave in any of the building comfortably.”
With the location of the Police Intelligence College in Share, Ifelodun Local Government Area of the State, it is expected that Kwara State Police Command will get more attention as many ranking officers will be visiting the command on routine basis for inspection.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign