Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR
By Arowona Abdulazeez
In less than 24 hours (tomorrow Saturday), Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR will clock 77 years, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Sulu-Gambari who was born on 22nd, April 1940 by the late 9th Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji (Dr) Zulkanaini Muhammadu Gambari, was an astute judicial officer who rose to become the Presiding Judge of the Court of Appeal, Ibadan Division.
He relinquished his position in 1995 barely three months to his admission into the nation’s apex Court, (Supreme Court) to ascend the throne of his forefathers as the 11th Fulani Emir of Ilorin.
The monarch who is also the Chairman Kwara Traditional Council of Obas and Chiefs has served Nigeria in various capacities. He was the Chancellor of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, for 15 years and currently the Chancellor of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi among others.
He participated in the last constitutional conference during the last administration.
Going by his intimidating profile, the character and personality of the monarch is very rare to come by among his contemporaries worldwide.
- American journalist collapses, dies at Qatar World Cup
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele