By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
The National Blood Service Commission, formerly known as National Blood Transfusion, North West, has revealed that regular donation of blood make donors look more younger and cancer Free.
An expert and representative of the commission, Mrs. Clara Marah made the revelation in an interview at the end of the Media Health Day organised by Catholic Media Practitioners Associations of Nigeria ( CAMPAN) at Catholic Social Center, on weekend in Kaduna.
She explained that it has been scientifically proven that excess of iron in the body accelerated damage of some cells in the body associated to aging and cancer related diseases.
“It’s scientifically proven that if you’ve excess of iron in your body it accelerated damage of some cells in the body associated to aging and cancer.
“So when you donate blood regularly it reduces that chances of having cancer and make you look younger. Over time it make the person look younger. It’s not a fiction bit fact. Is not an automatic but a gradual thing’, she said.
Marah who denied making a fiction, emphasized that regular donation also help in reducing the chances of having Liver damage problem, stroke and other ailment by donor, said men could donate four times while women could donate 3 times in a year.
While she admitted that the economic met down orchestrated by high level of insecurity badly affected blood donation, she however expressed dismay that most skinny people who complained of not eating well are discovered to have had more blood after testing their hemoglobin because blood is produced from born marrow.
Also speaking, the Social communications’ Director Catholic Archdiocese of Kaduna Rev. Father Stephen Onyema said the core essence of organizing the CAMPAN Media health day was mainly for journalists and every others persons to benefit from free medical outreach in Christians and Muslims and others.
According to him, “people need to know their health status through event of this nature to avoid sudden incidences of slumbering or collapsing, adding that catholic Church did not stopped at church services alone but also out of church services to humanity to save the souls, sighting Cannon law.
Earlier, papers were presented on child spacing: the catholic perspective, diabetes and the eyes, First aid treatment for accident victims among others including free blood test for sugar, high blood pressure and others.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78