A picture of the truck involved in an outbreak at Otedola Bridge on Saturday.
An head-on collision between a 40feet container truck and a petrol tanker has resulted into an explosion on the Otedola Bridge along Lagos/Ibadan expressway on Saturday.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the accident occurred at 2.00 a.m. when the 40fit containerised truck, loaded with fabric, had a brake failure while moving inward Berger.
In the process, the truck collided with a tanker loaded with 33000 litres of PMS.
The impact of the collision resulted in a fire explosion.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu confirmed the accident.
“On arrival at the incident scene it was discovered that a 40fit containerised truck loaded with fabric had a brake failure while moving inward Berger.
“The truck collided with a tanker loaded with 33000 litres of PMS (petrol) while the impact of the collision resulted in the fire outbreak.
“No casualty was recorded.
“However, the fire affected the 40ft containerized truck and high tension wire at the spot,’’ Oke-Osanyintolu told ROYAL NEWS .
He advised commuters to take the Ojota or 7UP exits until the backlog of traffic eases.
He said that the Agency’s responders, LRU Fire, Lagos State Fire service, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and Lagos Neighbourhood Security Corps (LNSC) were all present at the incident scene.
The LASEMA boss said that the damping down has been concluded while the agency’s equipment would remove the vehicles from the thoroughfare.
A resident of the area, Mr Johnson Adeoye, told ROYAL NEWS that the tanker lost control and rammed unto a trailer with the container.
Adeoye said that upon the crash, there was fire outbreak which led to the explosion.
A picture of PMS tanker involved in an outbreak at Otedola Bridge on Saturday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections