Connect with us

Crime

Explosion: Oyo govt. vows to prosecute 3 suspected masterminds

Published

on

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde

The Special Adviser on Security to the Governor, Fatai Owoseni, on Wednesday said at least three persons have been identified to be responsible for the Bodija explosion.

He added that said persons will face prosecution based on the investigation carried out, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.

Owoseni while speaking further insisted that the explosion happened at Aderinola Street and not Dejo Oyelese Street and also maintained that the epicentre of the tragedy is No. 8A and No. 8B.

Owoseni also revealed that the character of the explosive is known as ‘Water Gel Type Based Explosive’, and that the explosion was triggered by an electric spark.

He explained further that a Closed Circuit Television in one of the affected houses gave footage of how the incident happened.

Giving an update on the incident, he said, “We have been able to report that the swiftness with which security was deployed to the epicentre had so far successfully made the state to fully secure the environment. And with the security that was provided, the state has also been able to prevent untoward happenings, especially opportunistic crimes that hoodlums always take advantage of such situations to carry out.

Advertisement

“The EOC has so far collated information, data of things that happened there and some of the data collated include census of the respective houses and the fatalities that were affected including the extent of losses suffered.

“As of 6 p.m. on Friday, 3rd of February, which was the 18th day of the incident, a total of 335 affected persons registered at the emergency situation centre including 16 companies or business operators, churches, mosques, three schools and the UCH also approached the centre to report on their losses”.

Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.

Contact: info@royalnews.com.ng

Download ROYAL NEWS app

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *