By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
Shanono area of Rigasa community was in the early hours of Thursday greeted with news of Improvise Explosive Device (IED) reportedly planted by the road side, by people yet to be identified, causing scared.
Our Kaduna correspondent reported that Police bomb experts were immediately deployed to the scene of the device when the information was received by the state command.
He also gathered from local source that the early morning siren of the convoy of police bomb experts deployed to the area sparked surprised amongst the residents of the community and drew attention of many to the incidents.
However, the police has reportedly evacuated the IED, discovered inside black bucket and kept by the roadside, in Rigasa community hosting trains station terminus in the state.
Contacted, the Police command spokesman Asp Muhammed Jalige could not respond until the time of filing this reports.
Recalled that a similar device was recently discovered in the state, while an explosion was also recorded in a hotel in the same area.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS