Contrary to claims that Mobile Police Barracks which is under construction in Offa is being jointly executed by both the state and federal government, a prominent lawyer, Mr Wahab Shittu, was funded by members of the community.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State had during hiss condolence visit to the community promised to construct Mobile Police Barrack in the community within 45 days.
His words: “We will do everything within our power to ensure that never again will the people of Offa or any part of Kwara State live in fear or experience such tragedy again.
But, Shittu, in a statement issued on Monday explained that the Olofa of Offa, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi, conceived the idea and enlisted the support of the indigenes of the community.
He explained that the clarification became necessary in view of the fact that certain individuals and groups were insinuating that the project was being jointly funded by the community, Kwara State and the Federal Government.
He noted that the Olofa, initiated the project and encouraged well-meaning indigenes of the town to support it.
Shittu said, “Many indigenes of the town responded to the Olofa’s clarion call by donating funds, expertise, resources, time and energy towards the project.
“The project is not being funded by the Federal Government or Kwara State. The project is being funded by the Offa people and it has achieved an appreciable progress.”
Meanwhile, the Concerned Citizens of the Offa Community has asked the police to prosecute the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, if the confessions of the armed thugs arrested in connection with the Offa robberies were strong enough to indict him.
The police had last month paraded some suspects who confessed to have participated in the April 5 bank robbery in the town, but added that they were political thugs of the senate president.
The Chairman of the TCCOC, Moshood Adeogun; and Secretary, Mr Rasheed Muritala, said, “The Police should not be distracted from conducting a meticulous investigation and at the end of the day, bring to book any individual, who may be directly or indirectly involved in the robberies.”
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity