A top Nollywood star and former Special Assistant to the immediate past Governor of Kwara State on Arts, Culture and Tourism, Femi Adebayo, has disclosed the rationale behind him shunning legal practice.
Popularly called ‘Jelili Oniso’, the Ilorin-born actor who spoke in Ilorin noted that he decided to opt out of legal practice after two years on the bar because of the fear of God in him.
According to him, “There are certain things in the law profession that I can’t do because of the fear of God in me. I only practiced Law for two years. Because I can’t lie.
“At the moment, I’m undergoing my PhD in Law and despite that, I can’t go back to practice the profession. He came found comfort and joy in my chosen career.”
ROYAL NEWS reports that when asked whether Lawyers tell lies, ” Femi Adebayo responded that ” No Lawyers don’t tell lies, they only say things the ways they see them.”
He however confirmed that politics is not a profession, rather, it should be call to service which must be on part time basis.”
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment