A top Nollywood star and former Special Assistant to the immediate past Governor of Kwara State on Arts, Culture and Tourism, Femi Adebayo, has disclosed the rationale behind him shunning legal practice.
Popularly called ‘Jelili Oniso’, the Ilorin-born actor who spoke in Ilorin noted that he decided to opt out of legal practice after two years on the bar because of the fear of God in him.
According to him, “There are certain things in the law profession that I can’t do because of the fear of God in me. I only practiced Law for two years. Because I can’t lie.
“At the moment, I’m undergoing my PhD in Law and despite that, I can’t go back to practice the profession. He came found comfort and joy in my chosen career.”
ROYAL NEWS reports that when asked whether Lawyers tell lies, ” Femi Adebayo responded that ” No Lawyers don’t tell lies, they only say things the ways they see them.”
He however confirmed that politics is not a profession, rather, it should be call to service which must be on part time basis.”
Facebook Comments Box
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants