EXPOSED…… Why I ordered invasion of NASS—-Daura
The former helmsman of the Department of State Security Service (DSS), Lawal Daura, has said intelligence report that unauthorised persons were planning to smuggle dangerous weapons and incriminating items into the National Assembly, prompted him to deploy operatives to the complex.
Daura’s statement was contained in the interim investigation report submitted by the Inspector General of Police, Idris Ibrahim, to the acting president, Yemi Osinbajo, Daily Trust reports.
The IGP, however, faulted the intelligence report by Daura, noting that the report cannot be substantiated as the DSS personnel deployed were not EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) experts or specialist in this regard.
The police boss made it clear that Daura carried out the siege on the National Assembly complex without the approval of the acting president.
“The former Director-General, Department of State Security Service, Mr Lawal Musa Daura acted unilaterally without informing the presidency.
He did not share or intimate other security agencies on the unlawful operations,” Idris said in the report.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)