Eyitayo Oyelowo has emerged winner of the International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization prize (UNESCO-UNEVOC) 2017 Skill in Action Photo contest, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Her photograph of a female aircraft engineer taken at the International Aviation College, Ilorin, Kwara State won her the prize
Presenting the prize to Eyitayo on Monday in Abuja, the Director, UNESCO Regional Multi-sectoral Office, Ydo Yao commended her for putting her skill to action.
He urged youths across the globe to put their skills to action and be committed to whatever vocation they are engaged in.
In her acceptance speech, Eyitayo commended UNESCO-UNEVOC for organizing the global photo contest to celebrate the skills of youth. According to her, youths are doing some really fantastic work which people around the world should know about.
Eyitayo said her skill and interest in photography made it possible for her to win the prize, noting that photography had become a vital instrument for telling stories beyond just documenting events.
She also disclosed that in 2017, her photography skill won her recognitions and prizes globally. She said that her picture of solar-powered streetlights under the Light-Up Kwara project of the Kwara State Government won the World Bank Global Platform for Sustainable Cities (GPSC) Photo contest.
Eyitayo revealed that in the same year, another picture of the streetlight was adjudged the 4th best in the United Nations Human and Settlement Programme (UN-Habitat) #WeAreClimateChange photo competition.
Speaking further, she said that she was proud to be among the women breaking multiple barriers and building careers in hitherto male dominated industries and paving the way for other women to follow.
She therefore, encourage young people around the world who are putting their skill to action not to relent and never give up on their dreams and aspirations.
Eyitayo appreciated her family members, employer, friends and colleagues for their support and for challenging her to be a better person.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide