ROYAL NEWS has gathered that some members of the All Progressive Congress , APC, in Kwara State have resolved to conduct their own state congress at a different venue.
Findings revealed that while the Central Kwara APC is conducting its congress at the Banquet Hall, opposite government house, Ilorin , another Congress being led by the Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed , is also ongoing at Arca Santa event hall also in Ilorin.
While the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, National Publicity Secretary of APC , Bolaji Abdullahi, and lawmakers representing Kwara State at the National Assembly among others, made up the list of a faction, the Minister for Information , Lai Mohammed , for Special Assistant to the Senate President, Hon. Moshood Mustapha, Former Chief of Staff in Kwara State, Alhaji Abdulganiyu Olododo, former Special Adviser on Security in Kwara State, Hon. Yinka Aluko are among other gladiators in the second faction .
It would be recalled that the Chairman of APC Congress Committee in the state, Sen. Saliu Husseini, had on Friday told journalist that there is only one APC even as he debunked the rumour of any possible parallel congress in the state.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling