A former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani–Kayode, has called on Nigerians to unite and confront foreign elements who are bent on destabilizing the country, killing innocent citizens, especially in Zamfara.
Jamilu Illiyasu, the Zamfara governor’s press director, made this known in a statement he issued to journalists in Gusau on Monday.
According to the statement, Mr. Fani-Kayode, now the leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, made the call while expressing his condolences to the Zamfara government for the recent senseless killing of 58 citizens in Anka Local Government Areas. and Bukkuyum of the state by bandits. .
The former minister expressed the belief that some people were using Zamfara and the entire North West Zone as a death camp to show the world that Nigeria was ungovernable, divided and that things were not right in the country.
Mr. Fani-Kayode called on all Nigerians, regardless of ethnicity, religious or political affiliations, to unite to fight against foreigners who claimed to be Nigerian but spoke only Arabic and French.
He described the recent killings in Zamfara as a tragedy of monumental proportions.
He said the security challenges would have been dire had it not been for the governor’s efforts.
He called on the Federal Government to catch the sponsors of banditry and other people who inflated the figures of victims.
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance